Monday, September 24, 2007

Beef Broccoli Stirfry

I got this from Martha Stewart Everyday Foods, and it was a hit with my family. Fresh broccoli is best, but I've used frozen and it works ok too.

3 T. soy sauce
3 T. apple juice
1 T. cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
pepper
1 1/4 lb flank or sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1 T oil
1 T. cornstarch
1 head broccoli

Mix first 6 ingredients and marinate beef for 15 min. Heat oil. Remove meat from marinade and reserve marinade. In two batches, cook meat until browned. Remove meat, add 1/2 c. water to pan and stir up browned bits. Pour into reserved marinade and whisk in cornstarch. Fry broccoli in 1 tsp. oil, about 2 minutes. Add 1 c. water and cook 6-8 minutes. Add marinade and bring to a boil, let thicken. Add meat and season with salt and pepper.

Libby
New Jersey

3 comments:

Joanna said...

This is a GREAT recipe. It tastes just like beef broccoli from a really good Chinese restaurant. It wasn't that hard to make either. Yum!! Jake and I thought that we might add more broccoli next time we make it.

Ginger said...

For you idiots (like me) out there it is 1 and 1/4 lbs of meat, not one .25 lb cut of meat. I learned this the hard way. It was still good and was definitely easy. I give it 4/5 stars.

Meghan said...

This must have been the week for broccoli beef! I added some hot chili sauce for a little heat. A keeper!