Monday, September 24, 2007

Pineapple Stir Fry

Description
This one of my favorite regulars. My kids eat it up, which it is hard to find a meal they will both eat. Also, I add whatever veggies I have in the house or whatever sounds good to me. I found it in a country food magazine a few years ago.

Ingredients
8oz spaghetti (or asian noodles found in produce sec)
1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks
1 large green pepper, jilienned (any color pepper)
2 med carrots, thinly sliced
3 green onions, chopped (optional)
3/4 tsp ground ginger or 1 T minced
1 T oilve oil
1 lb chicken breast, cut in cubes
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tsp. corn starch
1/4 c. soy sauce

Directions
1.Cook Spaghetti; drain. (or put asain noodles in warm water to loosen)
2.Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside.
3.In a large skillet or wok, stir fry veggies and ginger in oil for 3 min.
4.Add chicken and garlic; stir fry for 5 min or until chicken is no longer pink.
5. Add spaghetti and pineapple; stir fry for 1 min
6.In small bowl combine cornstarch, soy sauce, and reserved pineapple juice until smooth
7.pour over chicken mixture. Broing to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min or until thickened.


April White
Brooklyn, NY

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Yummy and so easy! My other half doesn't usually like stir fry because I serve it with rice - the spaghetti was perfect. Thanks!