Friday, February 8, 2008

Pumpkin Waffles

we made these over the holidays and they were the best waffles I've ever had. My husband was a huge skeptic of them and has now declared that we should eat everything with this syrup! I think I could have eaten the whole batch myself (aside from the caloric intake). I promise you won't be disappointed.

PUMPKIN WAFFLES

4 eggs separated
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup margarine
1 T Vanilla
2 cups flour
2 T baking powder
1 T cinnamon
1 T sugar
½ tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt

Beat egg yolks then add milk, pumpkin, margarine, and vanilla. Mix together dry ingredients and then add flour mixture. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into mixture. Cool in fridge several hours or overnight. Serve with hot buttermilk syrup.



BUTTERMILK SYRUP
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
1 tsp. karo syrup

Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. vanilla.

Marisa F.
Columbus, OH

1 comment:

The Recipe Blog said...

These were really delicious. Just be sure to use a bigger pot than you need for the syrup because once you put the soda in, it doubles in size.

My whole family loved them!