Monday, November 5, 2007

Barbequed Pork Chops

I just made this tonight so I thought I'd post it. It's a family recipe and is very yummy and easy. It's great for Sundays since the longer it cooks, the more tender the meat. This is pretty much the only pork recipe I make. Does anyone else have a good pork recipe?

4-6 pork chops (I use bone-in, center cut loin chops, or you can use spare ribs)
1 yellow or white onion (I usually only use a half; if you don't like onions you can omit)
3/4 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients except pork and onion in a small saucepan and simmer. Trim fat from chops and place in a 13x9 pan. Thinly slice onion and lay rings on top of chops. Pour ketchup mixture over top and cover with foil (very important). Bake at 200-250 for 5-6 hours. (I sped it up tonight and did 350 for about 1-1 1/2 hours)
Serve over rice with sauce from pan.

Ashley A. (Grandma Allen)
Springville, UT

2 comments:

Hot Out of the Oven said...

This is how we make our ribs - wrapped in foil and baked for a long time. YUMMY! I'll have to try your sauce next time - thanks!

Meghan said...

Oops - that was me.