Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rolo Surprise Cookies

We just discovered this recipe and now we can't stop making them. They're best fresh but if you need to store them, freeze them.

1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. cocoa
2 3/4 c. flour
Rolos (about 8 tubes)

Cream sugars and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add dry ingredients and blend.

For each cookie, shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around a Rolo, covering it completely. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 7-8 or until they start to crack. Makes about 5 dozen.

Ashley A.
Springville, UT

2 comments:

Meghan said...

We love these too! I've also found they also work well using 'cake mix cookies'; Choc cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 c. oil. YUMMY and fast!

Ashley A. said...

I'll have to try that! Hey Meghan, would you mind sending me the password for your blog? I'd love to see it but I didn't want to post my e-mail on my blog. Here is probably a good place: it's ashleyaatkin@gmail.com. Thanks!