Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sweet Potato Souffle

People go wild over this dish whenever I make it. I confess I don't really like yams, but this is GOOD! It's like candy.

3 C. cooked sweet potatoes (boiled)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. light brown sugar
1 C. pecans, chopped
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. whole sweet milk (I think this is just condensed milk)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/2 stick butter

Combine potatoes, white sugar, eggs, milk, salt and vanilla and mix well. Pour into buttered pan. Mix brown sugar, flour; cut butter into mixture until crumbly, then add pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. (Make sure pan has plenty of room for mixture to fluff up a bit during baking. I think you need a 9x13 pan.)

Libby
Montclair, NJ

1 comment:

Lon and Kaye Nally said...

Libby, do you know where this recipe came from???? It came from dear Grandma Nally. It is YUM!