Sunday, October 28, 2007

Strawberry Bread

Since my husband says that when he first heard 'Strawberry Bread' it didn't sound very appealing, so I thought I'd explain a little before you read the title and moved on. I will recruit you! This is a favorite from my childhood and is kind of like banana bread. It's sweet and cinnamon'y' with lots of yummy strawberry and nutty bites in between. Try it... you will like it... you will see!

3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 TBS. cinnamon
2 c. sugar
4 beaten eggs
1 1/4 c. oil
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries (this is almost exactly 1 lb., but add more if you have them!)
1 c. chopped pecans

Sift together dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add remaning ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes in two large greased and floured bread pans. This is even better 1-2 days after baking.

I am not a food stylist, but here's a picture so you get an idea for what this looks like!

Meghan R.
San Jose, CA

No comments: